Face Doesn't Seem Clean After Washing

No matter how careful I am, and I am a fanatic about washing my face twice a day. I use Clearasil and have used so many other cleansers; my face is dry on the cheeks and oily at the T zone. But no matter how much I wash and I rinse like crazy, when I use toner the cotton ball comes back brown with dirt. Any suggestions out there?

Smoochie from Houston, TX

That's the point of the toner - to get at that oxidized oil. If it's on the cotton ball, it's not on your skin! Between times, you can use non-oily face powder and/or facial blotters (cigarette papers work quite well for that!)

You don't want to strip your skin of oil - it needs it. Just take off the grime and the excess. I read a dermatologist's blog that said to wash as little as possible and keep your body's own oils.

I use Noxzema, Buff Puff and then Sea Breeze. I've done this since I was about 12 years old. It's been working great for me. Give it a try!

Don't ever use your hands to wash your face, no matter what the directions say. Use a clean washcloth or a facial brush. Your face will feel so much cleaner. About the oily part, I know it's a pain, but it does have an added benefit. I can pass for 10 years younger than I actually am and have few wrinkles.

You may be doing yourself a dis-service by keeping your face so 'clean'. Your skin does need some oil and by removing all or most of it, you could be forcing your skin to produce even more.

As for the 'dirty' cotton ball, no matter how many times you use a toner or wash, or use straight isp alcohol, it will always look a little 'dirty'. Your skin is constantly shedding cells and this makes up most of the 'dirt' you see after washing your face.

I love the olay daily facials. Try the one for oily skin. It is a dry cloth with the cleanser on it and just wet it and wash and rinse and throw away when done.

Thank you so much for all of your great feedback and advice.

I thought I'd let you know that I've been using Ponds cleansing cloths twice a day and when I use my toner, nothing comes off on the cotton ball.

Ponds Clean Sweep

Microdermabrasion wet cleansing towelettes

30 for around $5.00 at Wallmart and Walgreens (a drug store).

They even remove waterproof mascara, are gentle and non burning around the eyes. I havn't lost an eyelash yet nor have any eyelashes broken off at the tips.

One side is smooth and the other side has tiny bumps on it which is the microdermabrasion side.

I read about this product on Thriftyfun.com and I don't remember who it was that talked about it, but a general thanks to everyone.

Health & Beauty Beauty Skin Care CleansingApril 30, 2008
Girl having her face painted.
Homemade Face Paint Recipes
Pressure Washing a House
Pressure Washing Your House
Closeup of African American Man with Dreadlocks
Washing Dreadlocks
A girl having her face painted.
Buying Face Paint