Use Old Magazines as a "Step Stool"

Make the extra couple or so inches you need to be able to reach the tops of your cabinets from folded rolled magazines, catalogs or newspapers!

Very Simple! Just take out the staples (if there are any) and fold the double page top to bottom and then in 1/2 and 1/2 again until it is the height you want (I like mine to be an inch to inch and 1/2) and roll them.

I like it better to fold all the pages first then secure them with small tabs of tape or glue.

When you are finished, secure the end. Add a cord if you like so it can hang in the kitchen pantry or on the back porch where you know they will always be.

I made 2 of them today for this purpose and one is a little smaller around than the other so when I stack them for added height, they are more stable. Better than having to lug out the step stool for just one thing!

Source: This method of paper crafting was originally seen by me as a magazine bowl where the paper strips are done the same way!

By Melody_yesterday from Sedalia, MO

add a cord or ribbon around the outside edge of these to hang somewhere handy.Make the top one (if you need to use 2) a little smaller than the other.

sbb1: our phonebook here isn't quite an inch thick - it wouldn't be much use!

But I'm glad someone knows what I am talking about!

Glad you added the photo, made it much more understandable. I just couldn't "see" it from the printed instructions.

Uses for Old Magazines
Uses for Old Magazines
Better Living Green Living ReusingJuly 16, 2008
Mr. and Mrs. SantaMade From Reader's Digest Magazines
Mr. and Mrs. Santa Made from Reader's Digest Magazines
Crafts Made With Magazines
Crafts Made With Magazines
Stack of Magazines
Saving Money on Magazines
Christmas bows made from magazines.
Making Bows From Magazines
🎉
🎄