Bouquet of Stars
A handful of wooden stars painted gold or silver and twisted onto stems of wire to make a whimsical and unexpected bouquet for a vase.
Materials and Equipment:
- a large plastic bag or several sheets of newspaper
- 5 or more wooden star forms (small stars that are 1 1/2 to 2 inches across and 1/2 inch thick work well)
- gold or silver wire, about 8-10 inches long (can be cut to size), one piece for each star
- gold or silver decorative acrylic paint
- a paint brush
- a lid from a used container (such as yogurt)
- small pliers (optional)
- wire cutters (optional)
- short piece of ribbon or twine
- a drill
- super glue
- Before starting, clear the table and cover it with newspaper or a large garbage bag to avoid getting paint on the table.
- Spread the wooden stars out on the table. Pour a small puddle of metallic paint onto the container lid.
- Paint one side of all the stars and allow to dry.
- Flip the stars over and paint the other side. Allow to dry.
- Paint the rim of the stars and allow to dry.
- Once all stars have been completely painted, assemble your wire. If your pieces are too long or on a coil, cut them to size with wire cutters.
- Drill a hole near the top of each star.
- Loop the wire through the hole and curl it over the top of each star (see photo). Use pliers if your wire is heavy and won't bend by hand.
- If you don't have a drill, you can use superglue to glue the wire against the back of each star.
- Tie a ribbon around the wire "stems" to hold them together.
- Place your bouquet in a vase and enjoy. No need to water!
By guest (Guest Post) Flag
December 7, 20050 found this helpful
I love wooden decorations....these are awesome and can be painted to go with any season or holiday......thanx for the great idea....
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 19, 2016 at 10:34:51 PM on 10.0.0.94 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us