Keeping Ice Off Flood Lights

With all the snow we've been getting, the flood lights on the back garage for the dog's pen were covered with ice, and had started to pull away from the garage! Turning them on didn't melt the ice. I chipped the ice off VERY carefully and sprayed them with Pam, being very careful not to spray into the light bulb sockets.

We had snow a few days later, and it didn't stick to the sockets or the bulbs. Now I don't have to worry about them at all. I also sprayed the rubber strips at the bottom of my garage doors, and now they don't freeze to the cement apron. Wish I'd done this before a piece tore off.

Source: Thought of it myself after spraying my shovels.

By Joandogs from Norwell, MA

Outdoor Flood Lights
Preventing Ice Buildup on Outdoor Flood Lights
Home and Garden Home Improvement Lighting and ElectricJanuary 7, 2010
Keeping Your Windshield Free of Snow and Ice, Man Cleaning Snow and Ice off of Windshield
Keeping Your Windshield Free of Snow and Ice
Family Working on Hanging Outdoor Christmas Lights
Hanging Outdoor Christmas Lights
Removing Ice from Your Windshield, Gloved hand scraping icy windshield.
Removing Ice from Your Windshield
Oregon Zoolights
Saving Money on Christmas Lights
🎄
🍂