Organizing Families with Hectic Schedules

With the hectic schedule for families these days I found an article in a magazine that I was impressed with and I hope will help some of you busy mothers. For each child they hung a labeled mesh basket in ladder style to organize papers, permission slips etc.

You could use wicker baskets, file folders or anything that would separate the kids papers. Dividers were inserted in each that you could designate for days of the week or what ever works best for your family. Papers the kids need Mom to see go in Mom's basket.

A cork bulletin board divided with ribbon into 30 squares (one square is shared like on regular calendars) made for notes that are meant for everyone. All you have to do is change the month's name and move the numbers to the right day. The numbers could be painted on thumbtacks so they can be easily moved.

On a rigid surface bulletin board sticky note paper could be used in each square with the day's number written on it and for writing notes, then discarded at the end of the month. Or several blank sheets of paper could be put behind the crossgrid of ribbon and written on directly then at the end of the month peal of the top layer and you are ready for the next month.

An assortment of pens, markers, tacks, sticky notes etc. could be in another basket or perhaps a drawer nearby.

You could do the same thing with a chalk board by taping the grid on and writing the number of the day on.

Instead of everyone's papers piling up and some getting lost or handed in late, someone not getting their cookies made this looked like a great organizing tool to me.

Source: Real Simple magazine

By Ann/latrtatr from Loup City, NE

I love the ideas. Another is a large write on/wipe off board with the month squares already done. You can get them in office supply stores or make your own cheap.

Shoe bags that are clear plastic are also a great way to organize things. If you have 4 people in the family, you can make one row for each person either up or down. I found one that was literally taller than me so it had four rows and 7 pockets in each. How perfect?

My philosophy about keeping things in order is, "Organization means never having to say "where is it?"

Good advice all around.

Organizing Your Time
Tips for Organizing Your Time
Parenting General Parenting Getting OrganizedDecember 21, 2009
A woman holding a turkey for her family at Thanksgiving.
Bringing Families Together at Thanksgiving
Dry Erase Calendars for Your Home
Using Dry Erase Calendars for Your Home
Baby Bottle Feeding
Bottle Feeding Your Baby
Girl Eating Breakfast Before School
Eating Breakfast Before School