Doily Heart Basket
These darling little baskets are so quick and inexpensive to make that you'll want to make several for family and friends.
Approximate Time: 10 minutes
- wax paper
- 2 heart doilies
- gift wrap paper or plain white paper
- glue stick
- 12 inches of 1/4 inch wide ribbon
- craft glue
- dried or silk flowers
- Cover work area with wax paper.
- Trace the heart doily onto the gift wrap paper (or plain white paper) two times with pencil.
- Cut out the gift wrap hearts slightly smaller than the traced heart.
- Apply glue stick to the edges of the printed side of the gift wrap heart.
- Place the gift wrap heart on the back of the paper doily so the print shows through the holes in the doily.
- Repeat process for second heart.
- To make basket, apply bead of craft glue to the outer edges of the gift wrap paper side of one of the hearts. Apply glue from the bottom point up approximately 3/4 way around the heart.
- Place the two hearts together, pressing to adhere.
- Place the ribbon in between the two doilies at the side of the heart and glue in place with craft glue.
- Tie small bows and glue one on each side of the heart. Let dry.
- Fill basket with dried or silk flowers. If desired, dip ends of flowers in craft glue before sticking into the basket.
By Mom of 1 from Wilkesboro
February 11, 20080 found this helpful
Absoluely adorable! With a different colored doily, these would be lovely for Mother's Day, weddings, bridal showers, etc....
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on November 22, 2016 at 6:58:56 PM on 10.0.2.106 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us