Carved Foam Pumpkins

These are our current crop of pumpkins. Each year, my husband adds eight to the collection.

1. We purchase your carvable pumpkins at Michaels. Remember they have the 40% off coupons! Sometimes they are on sale.
  2. Free patterns and stencils are on-line at many sites. Just google free pumpkin patterns. We generally gets a pattern book at Michaels. It includes all the tools you will need.
  3. Use a push pin to punch the pattern onto the carvable pumpkin.
  4. After carving the pumpkin, trace around a quarter coin on the bottom back of the pumpkin and cut a hole for the light.
  5. The dollar store carries the single bulb light with the cord. They are for the porcelain Christmas houses.
  6. We use a timer to display the pumpkins in the morning for the commuters and the evening.
  7. Each pumpkin is stored in an individual box throughout the year. It may seem like a lot of money invested, but you only carve once and many of our pumpkins are over ten years old.

By Tedebear

This is an awesome idea. I have 5 children this is a way they can all help decorate our "haunted yard" Thanks for sharing!

Wow! That is impressive. Thank you for sharing

Don't pumpkins dry out? I wouldn't mind carving my own but I don't know much at all about it. How can I get more information?

Tried and LOVED it !! Thanks for the idea !!

This look great. I was wondering if you know any where I can get these pumpkins now. I'm getting married on Halloween and want to get an early start on my carving. Anyways thanks so much!

Carving Foam Pumpkins
Carving Foam Pumpkins
Crafts Halloween DecorationsOctober 17, 2007
Stamps and Colored Ink
Cleaning Foam Stamps
Craft Foam Purses
Making Craft Foam Purses
Fall decoration with pumpkins, gourds, and Indian corn.
Decorating with Pumpkins
painted pumpkins
Decorating Pumpkins Without Carving Them
🎉
🎄