Pyrex Glass Measuring Cups Stuck Together

I have two 4 oz Pyrex measuring cups stuck together. Does anyone have any advice to "unstick" them?

By Yggep from Lewes, DE

You might try putting the bottom measuring cup in a bowl of very hot water and then putting some ice cubes into the top one. Then gently twist the top. It may take a couple of tries, but it should work.

An additional thing you could do is try to put drops of oil in between the two. Place it drop by drop at the seam between the two all the way around.

Dip the kitchen paper towel in water squeeze it out micro for 30 seconds then wrap the Pyrex cup with the hot paper towel and leave it for 10 seconds then the cups will automatically get released if it doesn't work try again for a couple of times you will certainly be successful.

I would just try ice water. If I remember my science, cold contracts.

I do what ppcaffrey does but I put the ice cubes in for a little bit before placing in the hot water so that the inside glass has already contracted. The hot water doesn't need to be from the stove, just put enough 'hot' tap water in the sink to 'almost' cover.

But, you have to be careful not to cool hot Pyrex quickly. Maybe if you put them in a saucepan and simmered them (on their sides) they would let go.

After you get them apart, keep a napkin between them when stored in the cupboard.

Stack of Glass Dishes
Unsticking Glass Dishes
Home and Garden Repair Other DishesFebruary 9, 2010
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
Reusing Keurig K-Cups
Reusing Keurig K-Cups
Stack of colorful measuring cups
Organizing Measuring Cups
Cleaning Pyrex Pans
Cleaning Pyrex Pans
🎉
🎄