Looking for Weed Killer that Won't Kill Grass

What can I use to kill blackberries and thistles, but not kill the grass?

By Michael from Washougal, WA

Look for a broad leaf weed killer that is labeled safe for lawns. Most of the phenoxy herbicides (2,4-D, dicamba, MCPA, etc.) will do minimal damage to grasses and take care of the broad leaf weeds just fine. Blackberries will be very hard to kill - many repeated applications of the weed killer will be needed!

Black berries are indeed hard to kill. Some areas in Washington state and Oregon have gone to pasturing goats in these areas. Goats naturally will eat the berry bushes first over grass. By keeping the leaves stripped off the plant and eating the new growth they eventually starve the plant to death. This has happened on my own property when I moved my goats into a pasture with wild roses, russian thistle, mint, snap weed, and cat tails. 3 years later I have a pasture that is primarily grass and clover, the stream is no longer chocked with cat tails and best of all, happy goats.

Hand spraying weed killer onto a largenweed that is in a perfect grass lawn
Weed Killer that Won't Kill Grass
Home and Garden Gardening Weeds Woody and Vining WeedsOctober 23, 2010
Grass Clippings On Sidewalk
Using Grass Clippings That Have Weed Killer On Them
Man tinkering with a riding mower.
Riding Lawn Mower Won't Start
Ants on the wall of a house.
Homemade Ant Killer Recipes
Creeping, mat-forming succulent species, called an ice plant.
Weed Killer That Won't Kill Ice Plants