Staining Cabin Walls

I would like to stain the outside and inside walls of my cabin which is build with T1-11 vertical siding. The outside will be stained with solid stain, and the inside with semi transparent stain. I have a few questions though.

What do I need to patch cracks and holes? I will need a product that can be stained and doesn't show through the solid or semi transparent stain. What do I need to clean the interior walls, which in some areas have dark mildew stains so they don't show thought the semi transparent stain. Thank you.

Eleniv from Montgomery, AL

Answers

I hope you are prepared to sand those walls, If you want to seal your walls or stain your walls, you need to sand them for even distribution of the stain or sealer. Do you have chinking between the logs? Chinking looks sort of like caulking between the logs, makes for a nice log cabin. If not you can use a stain grade wood filler to fill the holes and cracks. If you take a piece of your wood to Sherwin William they will show you which stain will look best on that type of wood, because some stains will look yellow on different types of wood. May as well get the color you want on the first try. Good luck and it will look beautiful when you are finished

Home and Garden Home Improvement WallsOctober 6, 2008
Cleaning Smoke Stains from Walls
Cleaning Smoke Off Walls
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
Old Cabin
Removing Odors from Cabin
cleaning walls
Removing Soot from Walls and Ceiling
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 23, 2017 at 8:48:39 PM on 10.0.1.55 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.