Starting a Jewelry Business

I am wanting to start a small business. I want to buy jewelry wholesale and resale it at local bazaars and possibly in homes with groups of women. I do not know where to begin. Do I just need a tax ID or a reseller's license?

I live in Indiana and was wondering if someone else out there is doing the same thing and would be my mentor? Someone who would not mind my questions. Thank you and I look forward to the feedback.

By Pam from Lafayette, IN

I recently responded to someone's question about sales tax -- I think it might be helpful to you:

http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf19136590.tip.html

I came back and posted again with some information about selling online, but I guess someone deleted it. (I don't know why.)

I went ahead and got a Tax ID number, but I didn't really need it. You'll want a license from your state tax commission (I think different states use different names for the licenses). If you're thinking about selling online, tax is handled differently. Send me a message if you're interested and I'll tell you what I know (I don't want to write all of that and have it deleted again!). Best of luck with your new business -- I wish you much success!

Whatever state you live in you will need a business license and maybe a wholesaler's license (I am not a retailer, but I've been with friends when they bought jewelry wholesale to resell. With the wholesale license you won't have to pay taxes twice. Call your state's Small Business office or SCORE (Service Corps of Retired Executives). SCORE may be for larger entities, but they can direct you.

P.S. If you want lower-market jewelry take a look at firemountaingems.com

September 14, 2010 Flag

I started to import my own jewelery and I want it to start my own business here in North America. I need to know what is the best way to show or to present my product?

By handmadejewellery from Toronto, Canada

Answers:

Starting a Jewelry Business

This article should have a lot of helpful ideas for you:
http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-Start-a-Jewelry-Business (05/08/2009)

By Anonymous

Starting a Jewelry Business

This could help you get income started.
http://www.bidz.com/ (11/13/2009)

By Suntydt

Grocery Owners
Buying Wholesale for Resale
Business and Legal BusinessSeptember 14, 2010
beautifully designed kitchen
Starting an Interior Design Business
Business Travel Tips, Business Woman on Laptop in Airport
Business Travel Tips
Cleaning Jewelry
Cleaning Jewelry
Creating a Business Plan for a Small Business, A handwritten business plan on paper.
Creating a Business Plan for a Small Business
🎉
🎄