Use a Mechanic's Creeper to Garden

I'm not about to give up gardening because I'm disabled, but it hurt too much to bend over all the time. So I figured out that if I use a mechanic creeper (you know, those things that mechanics use to roll under cars on), then I can sit on it, be closer to the dirt, carry my supplies, and I don't have to bend over. It works on grass, sidewalk or even in the dirt as long as it's not not wet. One more "dis-" I just took out of disabled! Happy Gardening.

By MobeaB from Texas City, TX

I have multiple sclerosis and walk quite carefully and slowly with a cane. I know it's been 2-3 years since I divided the iris and hosta like I used to so easily. I am having built extremely raised beds, about 2 feet off the ground so in the future, if I need to use a wheelchair, I'll still be able to weed and play in the dirt. Last fall, I donated many of my perennials like yarrow that would be much too tall in the raised bed. I found much information that would help make gardening accessible on the net.

Marvellous! Well done you! One in the eye for the " you can't"brigade. I'll remember this when I get too old to bend.

Marg from England.

Wonderful idea. Now if I could only get back up. Lol.

What kind of mechanic's creeper do you use for gardening? I found several types online. Thanks, Dona M.

A woman sitting at table in a wheelchair.
Living With a Disability
Home and Garden Gardening Helpful HintsFebruary 13, 2011
Finding an Honest Mechanic, Mechanic Holding up Car Part in Front of Car
Finding an Honest Mechanic
English daisies.
Taking Photos of Your Garden
Smiling Mechanic
Finding a Good Mechanic
Homemade Mechanic's Hand Cleaner
Homemade Mechanic's Hand Cleaner