Cleaning Cat Vomit Off a Piano

I discovered where my cat has vomited on my polished ebony finish piano. How do I clean it off?

By Carla from Greensboro, NC

Clean it as you would any other wood surface (assuming it is only on the wood surfaces and not on the keys or the strings or hammers.) Wipe off the bulk of the mess and use regular wood cleaners to help eliminate the remaining mess and odors. Excluding extraordinary circumstances, I'm guessing this treatment will be just fine. If you are more concerned than those who might respond on this site, call a local furniture store professional to ask if they have other advice.

My own piano is an 1880's family heirloom and I couldn't even begin to tell you how many people and pet accidents it has survived. I don't mean to make light of your concerns, but I really think all will be well. Good Luck and best wishes that all remains well!

Home and Garden Cleaning FurnitureNovember 29, 2010
Piano Keyboard
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odors From a Piano
Two male Persian cats.
Neutered Male Cat Mounting Other Male Cats
Cleaning a Leather Couch
Vomit on a Leather Couch
Cleaning Carpet
Removing Vomit Stains from Carpet