Coca Cola Chicken

Ingredients

• Chicken - the pieces you prefer or a whole cut up chicken
  • 1/4 cup mustard
  • 3 heaping tablespoons ketchup
  • Ad
  • 8 oz. Coca Cola (or any other carbonated drink)
  • Salt and pepper

Directions

Salt and pepper your chicken pieces to taste. Place in a large skillet/frying pan. In a bowl, mix together the mustard and ketchup. Slowly add the cola and stir slowly until you use all the cola. Pour this mixture over the chicken and turn stove top to high. When it begins to boil, lower heat and cook for one hour. During the last 15 minutes of cooking, uncover the chicken and the "gravy" will thicken.

This recipe makes wonderful barbeque chicken!! I have also used it to cook pork chops and ribs. I do cook it longer to make sure that the pork is completely done though.

We use the "gravy" over mashed potatoes and a Georgia favorite, GRITS!!! Makes the most tender BBQ chicken you have ever had.

I have used Coca Cola, Mountain Dew, Gingerale, and Orange soda. It makes no difference to us. It is the carbonation that makes the chicken so tender.

Source: Received many many years ago on a card that was inside my bank statement. Never imagined it would be sooooo good!!

By southeastgeorgiapeach from Jesup, GA

You are absolutely right about the carbonated soda! I've used it in a spicy rib recipe I have and it works great. Thanks for the chicken recipe. It's so nice and easy I'm going to try it this weekend.

Awesome recipe and super easy! Thank You! Tastes even better leftover!

Coca Cola
Recipes Using Coca Cola
Food and Recipes Recipes PoultrySeptember 25, 2008
Coca Cola
Uses for Coca Cola
Cherry Cola
Making Cherry Cola
Cute Little Girl in Chicken Costume
Making a Chicken Costume
Cola
Cherry Cola Salad Recipes
🎉
🎄