Hot Tang Is Soothing For Colds

When nursing a cold, I find that hot beverages help me feel better. However I soon get tired of teas, and coffee tastes funny when my nose is stuffy.

My Boy Scout hubby told me to make Tang with hot water instead of cold. WOW! A big dose of vitamin C, a nice hot orange drink to clear my nose and soothe my throat, and no caffeine to make me jumpy!

It is now a staple in our "medicine cabinet".

By Regina from Rochester, NY

I love this idea, but because I am diabetic I would have to limit the Tang. I drink alot of the sugar free "on-the-go" - you mix with water. So when I am stuffed up, or feel a cold coming on, I just fix the drinks as usual, then heat it up in a mug. That way I can drink several a day without affecting my blood sugar levels. Thanks for the idea with the Tang!

When I was younger, my Mom found a great recipe for "Russian Tea" using Tang and Nestea crystals, we drank this hot and it was delicious! I had tried Russian Tea at school at an "international foods" day in the 4th grade and loved it. Wish I could find this recipe now; it's really soothing when you're not feeling well.

I had never thought of this one before. It sounds great. I can wait to get to the store and buy some Tang. Some of the other hot drinks I've tried were not very good but since I like cold Tang I know I will like this one.

Thanks again!

Hot Tang for colds has been the treatment of choice for colds and flu in my family for many years. It is good and it does help.

I just drink hot water. I know sounds horrible, but it is actually sweet, helps clear the chest.

I also take juices such as cranberry grape and heat it in the microwave when I'm sick. It gives me a much needed break from tea. But there is also bullion.

Bailegirl - I'm pretty sure I saw a post about making Russian Tea on this web-site some time ago. Do a search here and I'm sure you'll find it.

Check out the Wikipedia entry for Tang. It'll make you laugh through your cold. Tang to clean your dishwasher?

Growing up in the south, we would mix Tang with instant tea, or use it in brewed tea. It was very good.

The Russian tea w tang works great..but diabetic so I cut out the sugar and only make it by the mug...1 tsp of tang...cloves in a tea strainer...tea bag and a sprinkle of cinnamon...works great

Health & Beauty Home RemediesFebruary 19, 2008
Pink rose with bumble bee.
Growing Roses in Hot Weather
Hot Tea
Cooling Down Hot Drinks
Hot Cross Buns on Wood Board
Hot Cross Buns Recipes
Hot Tub
Cleaning a Hot Tub
🎉
🎄