Split a Pill Program

Check your prescription medications to see if they qualify for the "split a pill" program. The program identifies medications that you can take in 1/2 pill form and be safe knowing you are getting a correct dosage. If your medication qualifies, your doctor can write the prescription for a dose 2x your need and when you fill your prescription, using a pill splitter, you split all the pills in 1/2 immediately. Your dose is now 1/2 a pill each time.

I did this with my sister on a prescription where she could not use the generic and by using the Split Pill method she now gets 6 months worth of medication on a 3 month prescription paying the same copay for the higher dosage. You can check with your insurance carrier and primary physician to see if your medicines qualify. Remember - split all the pills in 1/2 using the pill splitter, it makes a clean cut, and do it as soon as you get the prescription home. Great savings!

By Jaye from Long Beach NY

I dont think you need to have any type of "split a pill" program. My doctor had samples of Dynacirc CR, a medication I take. The samples were twice my usual doseage. I was able to split the pills and had twice the benefit of the samples.

Also, the manufacturer of Dynacirc CR will give you one month's supply of Dynacirc CR free every three months. My doctor wrote the prescription for twice my doseage. I split the pill in half and have two months for free.

BTW, the best place to purchase a pill spliter is Dollar Tree where they are only $1. My local pharmacy hasnt been able to restock their supply of pill spliters for several months. They are on back order at the CVS. But an employee told me to ask for one at the Dollar Tree. I had two employees come to my aid to ensure I found what I was looking for. It doesnt get any better than that, huh? It works perfectly.

thanks for submitting your wonderful suggestion.

Even if you get a 30 days supply, you should be getting 15 tablets. If you are getting 30 and taking a half of a tablet daily and billing your insurance for 30 days. That's called insurance fraud

Recycling Prescription Bottles, Prescription Bottles on White Background
Saving Money on Prescription Drugs
Health & Beauty Prescription DrugsJanuary 3, 2008
Split Tree
Saving a Split Tree
Empty Pill Bottles
Craft Ideas for Used Medicine or Pill Bottles
pill splitter
Splitting Pills
🎄