Cleaning With Beer

Use leftover beer to clean a greasy gas or electric stove. Also works well for cleaning glass windows. Just soak a thin cotton fabric with beer and scrub! Follow up with a clean cloth.

Source: My mother has been doing this for years!

By attosa from Los Angeles, CA

Haha, typo there says 'beef' instead of 'beer'. I think you know you shouldn't clean with beef. Sorry, all! :)

I tried this once on my windows and my place smelled like a brewery for quite a few hours before I finally couldn't stand the smell and washed them again with distilled vinegar. But I'll give you a thumbs up anyway because the beer did indeed work for cleaning. ;-)

I feel so very sorry about Deeli's hyperactive nose; wonder if there's a medical solution for that problem? And if Medicare would cover the treatment.

I've no such problem.

I've only a question: Wherever does one find a 'leftover' beer?

That's what I was thinking, leftover beer, what's that? *L*

Hahaha! Your feedback cracks me up, I think my mother and I have a lot of excess beer because we don't drink and there's always something left over from some event!

Thank you, Deeli! The beer does indeed clean up a messy job. :)

LOL you guys! ;-) There's never leftover Bud Lights in my home when I can afford them but a neighbor had quit drinking and gave me a six pack of super dark lager she wanted to get rid of. Anyway, I had just one of those puppies and was on by behind in no time at all and hence the use I heard of before using to clean with so as not to be wasteful. Maybe Bud lights wouldn't smell as strong for cleaning?

In seriousness, my nose and lungs are hyper sensitive now to just about everything because of Stage 3 Emphysema. There's no cure for it but, thankfully, both Medicare and Medicaid do indeed at least cover help for that.

Attosa, you're so welcome and thank you too regarding the Mocha Hazelnut Smoothie! Oh, and I visited your band's web site earlier this morning. Keep up the good work!

Deeli! Sorry for this late reply, I am getting married in two weeks and haven't even had the time to check my email or pay my bills. Thanks so much for checking out my band! I'm so sad to read about your emphysema, though. I'm happy your medical covers some help and I hope you are always feeling better than OK. I tried your smoothie and it was fantastic! Sending big hugs your way! xx 2sa

Uses for Beer
Uses for Beer
Home and Garden Cleaning MiscellaneousMay 23, 2011
Making Ginger Beer
Making Ginger Beer
Glass of stout with hops scattered in foreground and keg in backgroung.
Storing Beer
vintage beer can
Collecting Beer Cans
beer bread
Recipes Using Beer
🎄