Plant Vegetables After Easter

Both of my grandfathers swore blue that to plant out any of the fruiting vegetables before Easter was asking for weird weather and replanting. Even though the date for Easter does move around, it certainly has been true for my garden, if I plant before Easter we get a hail storm, or major wind, or rain. If I wait until Easter, we are good to go.

When you are ready to plant out your tomatoes, eggplants, and pepper plants, put some eggshells in the hole first. The egg shells will give the plants some extra calcium which will help stave off "blossom end rot" which is often an indicator of calcium deficiency.

Source: Grampa Honey and Granddaddy Boyd

By MooseMom from Elk Grove, CA

Here in upstate NY it's Memorial Day weekend. No self respecting gardner would even try to plant before then!

Girl Holding Seedlings
Preparing for a Spring Garden
Home and Garden Gardening AdviceMarch 23, 2011
Easter Centerpiece
Easter Centerpiece Ideas
Little boy in a brown bunny costume.
Making an Easter Rabbit Costume
Easter Ideas for Toddlers
Easter Ideas for Toddlers
Eggs in Colored Dye
Other Uses for Easter Egg Dye
🎄