How to Locate Pet Urine Stain

Dog urinated on carpet and it evidently wasn't discovered. How to get the smell out? Not worried about the carpet itself as it is old. Any special carpet cleaning machines?

We've been using the spray successfully (Simple Solution Stain and Odor Remover), but am betting this incident soaked into the carpet pad. And lastly, how do I locate the spot? It's somewhere near the hallway - and short of getting down on the floor and sniffing (which I don't want to do) - I'd rather do something else. Do those black lights work? Where to buy?

Help!

Holly from Richardson, TX

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I think I read somewhere that urine stains will glow under a black light.

I put the words 'black light pet urine' into my browser and a whole bunch of listings came up.

Home and Garden Cleaning OdorsNovember 27, 2007
A dog and a cat sitting on a floor together.
Repairing Floors Damaged by Pet Urine
Dog Urinating Outdoors
Homemade Cleaner for Pet Urine Odors
Bathtub
Removing Urine Stain From a Bathtub
Cleaning Urine Off Grout
Cleaning Urine Off Grout
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 8:43:30 PM on 10.0.1.175 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.