Buddy (Ferret)

My pet's name is Buddy, a ferret. He will be 7 years old on the 4th of October. I bought Buddy when he was 4 months old from a pet's store in Ottawa. When I saw him in the cage, I knew he was coming home with me.

Buddy loves to steel my son's running shoes and hide them under my son's bed. He would drag them from one end of the house to the other. The running shoes were twice his size but he is very strong. His whole life he's been free in the house. He knows where all the litters are. He is very smart. He comes when you call his name. He likes to go up and down the stairs. I got him a stroller and we go for walks. That is something he enjoys very much.

Buddy has a health problem which ferrets get when they get older. He has adrenal disease. Last spring, he lost all his hair on his tail and a part of his back. He was on medication for two months to see his reaction. Everything went good. So he got an implant two months ago and he is doing great. I spoil him a lot. He gets his Duck soup three times a day and his supplement twice a day. He now looks great with his hair back on his tail and on his back. His coat his shinny and very soft. He doesn't look sick at all. I love him very much. Six months ago, I got him two friend ferrets, he enjoys their company. He likes to play with them in the tunnels and explore the house. Hope he will live a long life.

By Sylvie

Buddy is absolutely adorable and what a good boy with a cute personality! Bless you for being a good pet parent and able to take care of his medical needs so he can live the best and longest life possible! :-)

Makes me cry as I miss my ferret Casper so much. I lost him 2 years ago this month. I had Casper for close to 8 years and In honor of him I will not get another one unless someone wants to give me one as he was given to me.

Aren't ferret's just the coolest of animals? We have had several come through the house when the kids were growing up. One was a big thief. Loved them all dearly except for the smell. Fortunately ours all loved bath time.

Good Luck,

gem

Buddy is so cute! We had a pet ferret named Spanky. She was crazy, but so fun! She lived to be 7 1/2 years old. I love how they snuggle and hide in things. They're very sweet!

Caring for a Pet Ferret
Caring for Pet Ferrets
Photos Pets OtherAugust 18, 2010
ferrets in their hammock
Setting Up a Ferret Cage
Ferret
Removing Ferret Urine Odors from Floors
organizing pet toys
Organizing Pet Toys
Donating Used Stuffed Animals
Donating Used Stuffed Animals
🎄