Homemade Wedding Favors

Store bought wedding favors can get quite expensive especially if you invite a lot of people. Making homemade favors can give a personal touch and save you money. This is a guide about homemade wedding favors.

February 2, 2005 Flag

Some of you may remember these from elementary school, but I used them to keep people at my reception busy! I made the template and then came up with the "fortunes". Plus they looked pretty cool scattered on the tables!

By Casie

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

What a great idea. I am going to use this idea for invitations for my daughters birthday party. Modified of course!

Just found this by googling. It is a power point file but can be edited and printed.

Hope this helps all of you wanting a template you can edit.

www.gaillovely.com/resources/cootiecatcher.gaillovely.com.ppt

September 3, 2008 Flag

CDs featuring songs from your wedding make great favors. Your guests will enjoy receiving a gift that is thoughtful and not just a store bought favor that will sit in a drawer and collect dust. It is inexpensive and easy to burn custom CDs on your home computer and create custom cases and labels. Many brands of printable labels have free templates on their websites. Don't forget to include songs that are appealing to guests of all ages and generations. You could even record a personal message as the first track.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

You would have to get the permission from each song that you put on the cd inorder to use it legally. otherwise it would be copywrite infringment, (unless each and every receipent already purchased the song).

July 3, 2003 Flag

For the favors we are getting small vases, without a ruffle around the rim, etching each with "Love is Always in Bloom", and then putting two red roses in each. Then as a finishing touch we are adding a couple drops of blue food coloring, to make the water super bright blue. Also I have to mention that our colors are red, white and blue.

The vases are about $1 each at craft stores and the etching serum is about $6-8 for a big bottle. We are having a small wedding, only 30 couples, so even if we gave every single person a vase, which we are not, it would still be under $100.

By Julie

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Love your idea.. having a new years eve wedding and thats just up my ally!

July 22, 2010 Flag

I am an artist, but not very wedding savvy. I am getting married in about a month. What is a party favor I can make that is creative and one that guests would be excited to get?

By arttist from IL

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Stamping & scrapbooking stores sell "matchbook covers" that you decorate and fold up with a Hershey treasure, kiss, etc., They are easy, cheap and fun!

Perhaps a tiny terra cotta pot with a packet of flower seeds and another of soil (use craft store envelopes to subdivide.) Add a hand-written note like "As our love grows, so will these seeds," you get the idea (research quote websites). Wrap in cellophane or tulle. Best wishes!

There is a person in this same ThriftyFun newsletter, just below you, looking to sell some pretty heart candle holders. Contact her by clicking on her name (jessica) from Columbus, Ohio. You should also check out etsy. There are lots of artists who make handmade wedding things, that way you'd be supporting another artist. And congrats on your wedding!

I bought incense in bulk, in a neutral scent of "linen", bunched them together with a ribbon and added a small "thank you" medallion. They stood straight up in the metal container we used for the favors and comment/advice cards. They actually looked really good, and smelled fresh and clean! My point was finding something everyone can use without picking a gender, that's where things get expensive. The picture is really small, but you get the idea. Congratulations!

How about a magnet printed on the computer but adhered to the business card magnets, with a nice poem and your new address and phone number? Since you're an artist the design should come easy for you.

Or you could buy miniature bottles and do a "message in a bottle" thing by putting your appreciation to the guests on a paper along with your new address and phone number. This would be cute with a nice ribbon attached to the bottle. Best wishes.

December 6, 2006 Flag

What are some cute homemade wedding favors?

Magda Gonzalez from Sardis, MS

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I like bird seed netted throws for the bride and groom as they are leaving. Bird seed is much better for the birds who help with making your clean up easy. Instead of the tradition rice that is thrown. I think a lot of churches require you use bird seed instead of rice. Or they may make you clean up the rice if you do use it.

Just use some small hole netting in a color that is in the wedding.

You can make your own alter bows too for in the chapel.

Just a few ideas...

~Wendola~

For our daughter's wedding with a Christmas theme, I made about 260 4 inch stockings and added 1 kiss and 1 hugg type of Hershey kisses and a candy cane. We had a note saying that Kari and Matt were sending them huggs and kisses.

We gave Christmas ornaments. I like this idea because the guests know what to do with it. Each year that they decorate the tree they think of us. I made them myself. I took a plain ball and decorated it with a picture of us along with a verse(printed on the computer). I cut it out with pretty siccors, and punced the hole with a heart shape. I bought a bag of those fake wedding rings, and attacted them with ribbon. It was also a great night with my girl friends making them.

A friend of mine had friends over to help her put together little plastic bags with candies. They each had a Hershey's Hug, a Hershey's Kiss, and a Dove Promise candy in them. They were then tied shut with ribbon and a had a tag attached that read, "True love begins with a Hug, a Promise and a Kiss."

Alicia.

At a friend's wedding, they bought small white boxes and placed some cookies in it, tied with a ribbon and tag with bride and groom's names, etc. Each guest got one as they entered the hall. Since they were not at the table settings, no one could grab a few and leave other guests empty handed. Everyone had something to take home and eat later, and no one had to spend the evening filling up plates of cookies on the food tables. And best of all, no guests were able to load up plates of cookies to take home to the friends for the holidays, leaving the rest of the guests, who arrived later, without any.

YOU WILL NEED PLASTIC COLORED SPOONS TO MATCH YOUR WEDDING PARTY.PUT HERSHEY KISSES COVER THEM WITH THAT MESH LIKE LINING IN A MATCHING COLOR.ATTACH A CARD THAT SAYS HEARTS FULL OF LOVE,SPOONS FULL OF KISSES,THANK YOU FOR COMING FROM THE MR AND MRS.

November 6, 2013 Flag

I am looking for a poem to go with my homemade kitchen jar grippers that I have made as flavors to give out at a Christmas wedding shower.

Thanks for your help.

By Barbara

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

May 4, 2012 Flag

I am getting married in June. I would like to make pinwheel lollipops as my favors, but I'm not sure how much one 12oz. pack makes.

By Bridgette M from Oakland, CA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Weddings Wedding FavorsFebruary 1, 2012
Plant wedding favors.
Giving Plants as Wedding Favors
bride and groom cookies
Buying Personalized Wedding Favors
A fancy cookie wedding favor.
Edible Wedding Favor Ideas
Colorful Bridal Bouquets
Choosing Wedding Colors
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 23, 2017 at 9:04:13 PM on 10.0.0.241 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.