Check Neighborhood Remodels for Cabinets

If older houses are being rehabbed around you, look out for old cabinetry being tossed out. Those pieces were sturdily made of good wood, and can easily be made into furniture for you! I have an eye on an oak bookcase taken out of my apartment building, and I have turned an oak counter (for a kitchen?) given to me at the end of a yard sale, into a narrow buffet for the dining room.

By Pamphyila

If you can use it somewhere it's really worth redoing. If not, you'd better plan on selling it fast, because you will NOT have much room for storing them. I did

this and wound up selling all for a fairly good price after I got them cleaned and finished right. I carry a

screw driver with me in the van for when I see hardware being tossed. It can either be used for other cabinets, to replace something older you have,

or to sell if in good shape. A friend of mine found a huge set of contemporary CAT hardware, now selling

on ebay for a decent price. I found two oversized

blonde new bookshelves and use them side by side

in my cathedral ceiling small entryway. It was a God

send/find because NOTHING looked good with the odd proportions to the tiny tall entry until I found these. Now I display my best unusual treasures and

two large framed prints in the shelves for a fresh

"library" look in the entry to my older small contemporary home. I keep my eye open for all solid wood blonde newer furniture pieces curbside

to update the appearance of my little house on loan

from God for a time. Since there are not many windows nor good lighting fixtgures, the lighter furniture brightens the dark den. I have found nine large, still good, solid wooden pieces over the last

few years, just from someone who was tired of it, I

suppose. One lady's husband was replacing his desk

for a larger one with drawers, and she gave me her

lovely immaculate one that serves my pruposes very

well. Just this last week I ran across some woman

tossing a thick large coffee table glass table top that

fit the desk I found almost perfectly, adding about 6 inches to one end that I had wished I had. We happen to live in a suburban neighborhood adjacent to a large upscale city neighborhood that is wasteful

and who seems to have more money than brains, much to my advantage. When I had gasoline money

a few years ago, I was able to find many many good

useable/resale items of value. I have no more space

to store anything, and no one to replace my old doors with the newer ones I found, so I'm stuck for

a time, until I solve some other problems, like how

to cut some limestone tiles for my small bath, which I was given that someone else found curbside. Good luck and God bless you. : )

Old Kitchen Cabinet
Uses for Old Kitchen Cabinets
Better Living Green Living ReusingJune 15, 2007
Background Check
Know What Information Is In Your Background Check
Wood Kitchen Cabinets
Cleaning Wood Cabinets
White painted kitchen cabinets.
Cleaning Painted Cabinets
Wood cabinet doors ready to be painted.
Painting Wood Cabinets