Getting Rid of Mildew or Mold on Window Seals

By Midge 2 1

I live in Washington, just recently moved here, and I am looking for ideas for how to get rid of the mold that is growing around our windows. I am currently wiping them with Clorox wipes 2-3 times a week. I want a way to get rid of it completely, the wipes never really bring it back to the white that it was prior to "the rainy season". If I have to clean them as frequently as I do now that is fine, I just find it gross and feel like my house is dirty because of it. I come from Iowa, so we don't really have to deal with this ever!

Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

By Amanda W.

Showing: Answers Sort

By coville123 326 89 Flag

Try using lemon juice or white vinegar. Try adding some salt into the mixture with vinegar. Spray on let it sit for 15 min then wipe off! Good luck!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Deanj 917 Flag

A mixture of water and bleach will destroy mold very quickly. Usually 1 part bleach to 2 parts water. Add more bleach if necessary. After mold is gone wipe down with damp cloth and dry. Mold will be an on going problem in damp areas.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Frugal Sunnie 11 1,697 Flag

Vinegar really does kill the fungi that is mold, and it's safer to use than bleach. Bleach and mold react to each other by releasing a gas you don't want to inhale.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Deanj 917 Flag

Vinegar can destroy about 80% of mold spores but it takes 30 minutes to an hour to work. The small amount of bleach used with 2 to 3 parts water is just about instantaneous to kill mold. I have used bleach for years and am sensible about using any chemical.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Mold on Window Seals
Getting Rid of Mold on Window Seals
Home and Garden Cleaning MoldDecember 25, 2011
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Cleaning up Mildew From Wood
Removing Mildew from Wood
Photo of a tent set up in the woods.
Removing Mildew from a Tent
Removing Mold from Boat Seats
Removing Mold from Boat Seats
Mold on Window Seals
Getting Rid of Mold on Window Seals
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 13, 2016 at 1:39:16 AM on 10.0.2.177 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings