Gypsy (Pitbull Mix)

This is Gypsy. The vet says she is just over a year. She has got Pitt in her, but has a cute bull dog chin. She showed up at a neighbors house about 3 months ago, very sick and chewed up by other dogs. I wasn't ready for a new dog because we had just lost our beloved Spike, a Golden Retriever, in April. So, I figured we could get her medical attention and maybe get her adoptable.

After about 5 Vet trips, she is healthy but will never be adoptable. She is still trying to trust us. It will be a long road, but looks like we got a new friend, whether we were ready or not. I think maybe Spike sent her our way.

So far, she does not understand how to play or have fun. The only time she has wagged her tail was for our cat, Guy. So for now eating is her fun time. Everything she gets, she acts as if it is a feast. Because of the way she was abused, it is going to be a long road indeed. Also this is the best picture I can get of her for now. The camera, "a foreign object", scares her terribly

By Cara from Fruitland Park, FL

She's a good, sturdy dog. Love her and eventually she'll trust. I have a rescue cat that, after a year and a half is finally able to stay near one of us///not on//but near. She bites but is now at the stage where she'll chew, rather than bite most times. I don't know her background, but am willing to give her the time to know there's nothing painful going to happen to her. Your dog may be the same way. I almost gave up on Baby, but now I can see that it's just a long haul. Good luck.

Bless you for adding to your family. I hope that the time will be short that she learns that she is loved.

You are a very special person to help her out. She will reward you with her love and trust. I also have a pit who was horribly abused. It did take her a little time to learn to trust, but she now is the best dog I could imagine.

Bless you and your family for taking this beauty in. Just be patient and she will come around. It might take a bit of time but hang in there.

The dog is beautiful and so are you. Gypsy will soon realize this. Rich

Thank you for opening your hearts to Gpysy. It's a wonderful thing you are doing. I hope you will make lovely memories together for many years to come. Keep us posted from time to time and let us know of her progress.

We've walked down this path with our rescued pit. It took at least a year for him to trust my husband (still not totally) - but our pooch/person relationship is a work in progress - and worth every minute.

Pit Bull Mix
Pit Bull Mix Photos
Photos Pets DogsDecember 3, 2009
Chex Mix
Homemade Chex Mix Recipes
Bowl of salsa with ingredients in background.
Dry Salsa Mix Recipes
Black and white Pitbull puppy.
Training a Pitbull to Not Bite
A bottle of homemade salad dressing.
Making Italian Salad Dressing Mix
🎉
🎄