Putting Stubborn Lids on Tupperware

If you are having a hard time putting a plastic lid on a tupperware type container, run the lid under hot water. It should fit much more easily.

By Fisher

NOW you tell me! I have thrown out so many lids because they didn't work! Thanks for future use though.

That works well.. I also get alot of Tupperware lids at

garage sales.. give then a quick soak in hot bleach water.. wash

in dish water and wow.. I pay like .05 or .10 for them.. if they want more offer less.. they take it just to get rid of them. Dont put them

in the dish washer.. it warps them.

Another tip if the hot water doesn't work, is on a sunny day put the lid on the floor in your car. When your car heats up it'll soften the lid. I had some tupperware lids that wouldn't fit no matter what I did (including the hot water), I decided to take them to the Tupperware stand in the mall to see what they could do for it and the containers sat in the car for about 4 or 5 hours in the heat. When I brought them into the stand the person had NO problem getting them on....I felt like a fool!

Why do we have to go through this to make them work? Tupperware...beef up your quality to what your reputation was. I hate buying new stuff then having to figure out how to make it work. SO SORRY I spent good money on this fund raiser item.

I have been attempting to fid this lid on a Tupperware bowl with no success and I caught your tip to use hot water under a tap and it worked like a charm. Thank you very much! You are the best.

The lid is now to big anyway to shrink it?

Food and Recipes Food Tips Helpful HintsJuly 13, 2006
Tupperware Stacked
Organizing Plastic Containers
Plastic Lid Photo Ornament
Uses for Plastic Lids
Plastic Lid Man
Crafts Using Plastic Lids
Food in Tupperware
Cleaning Stained Tupperware