Buy Sweet Potatoes on Sale and Store

I have been waiting and it is now time. Sweet potatoes are on sale for Thanksgiving. I don't know the price for other areas, but the price in the Hot Springs WalMart stores is 25 cents a pound. If you have a place that is cold but doesn't get down to freezing, such as a garage, to store them, buy as many as you think you can use by New Years. I bought about 1/2 a bushel last year and used the last of them a few days after the New Year, and they were good to the last potato.

By Harlean from Hot Springs, Arkansas

And if you wait until after Thanksgiving, WalMart will often place a clearance price on sweet potatoes. Last year (Alabama) I found sweet potatoes for ten cents a pound. I buy a lot, bake in the oven, then freeze with the skins on. Just pull them out as you need them. I love being thrifty!

I'm stunned by your prices. Our Walmart here in New Mexico has them for almost a dollar a pound. Obviously I'm living in the wrong area for cheap sweet potatoes!

Food and Recipes StorageNovember 25, 2008
Freezing Potatoes, Potatoes on white background
Freezing Potatoes
sliced sweet potato
Recipes Using Yams (Sweet Potatoes)
Furniture Being Sold at Estate Sale
Having an Estate Sale
growing sweet potatoes
Growing Sweet Potatoes