Organize Christmas Decorations with Ziplock Bags

Now that we are all packing away our Christmas decorations, there is a way to help with packing it away more neatly. I use zip lock baggies (gallon size) to store most of the items. One strand of lights per bag. One strand of garland per bag. Those left over Christmas cards (or the ones you got this year) will be kept nice and clean until next Christmas if stored in a zip lock bag.

I find it keeps every thing clean, organized, and you can see through the bags and know what is in each one. If you keep the bags when you unpack, you can reuse them each year. I even buy the larger size ones for some of the decorations that are bigger.

By Kimberly S. from Lakeland, FL

And for fragile items, I use free shoe boxes from the local shoe store. Everything is stored away in a large carton box leftover from my last house move (free from the movers) and put away in the box room clearly marked for next year!

Ball Orniments in a box
Storing Holiday Decorations
Holidays and Parties Christmas OrganizationJanuary 7, 2010
Ziploc Bag
Using Ziploc Bags
Saving Money On Ziptop Bags, Coins in Zip-Lock Bag
Saving Money On Ziptop Bags
Box of Ziploc bags.
Organizing With Ziplock Bags
Bag aquarium.
Making a Ziplock Garden or Aquarium
🎄