Making Great Iced Coffee

How do I make super iced coffee?

Thelma from Graats, NM

I put 8oz. of chilled coffee in a blender with 2 or 3 sweet and low packets, 2-3 TBSP. of flavored creamer (french vanillia) and 3 large ice cubes. Then I blend it all untill there are no pieces of ice. ENJOY!

I use coffee essence in a glass of milk with a couple of scoops of icecream (sometimes I add a little sugar as I am a sweet tooth). The amount of coffee essence depends on the brand - I have used a good quality instant coffee but if I do that I usually dissolve it first with a little boiling water otherwise you get a bitter taste - I usally put it all in the milkshake maker to mix it all up

A friend of mine always freezes coffee in ice cube trays for the iced coffee so that as they melt, the coffee doesn't get all diluted and weak. I thought that was genius!

The best iced coffee I have ever had is at Mc Donalds. They have regular flavor, vanilla, and 2 others. I always get regular. Try it you will like it.

Most iced coffee drinks are made with cold brewed coffee. It has a smoother flavor and is less acidic than regular brews. I have a Toddy coffee maker that allows me to brew a pound of coffee in cold water to make a concentrate that you can use to make any kind of coffee drink you want. I brew mine and keep it in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks at a time in the glass carafe that comes with the Toddy. Amazon.com sells a couple of brands of cold brew systems, and a google search lists several places that sell them.

Brew your favorite brand of coffee stronger than you normally would for hot coffee. If you want sugar in your iced coffee, add it while it is still hot - this will allow the sugar to dissolve. Pour the hot (sugared) coffee into a pitcher and store in the refrigerator. To serve, pour a glass of the chilled coffee over ice and add creamer or milk if desired. This will last several days in the refrigerator. When I purchase an occasional iced coffee, I save the plastic cup with lid to reuse for my own iced coffee-to-go at home.

I agree McDonalds is great. Thanks for all feed back

Photo of a cup of iced coffee.
Homemade Iced Coffee Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Beverages CoffeeJune 24, 2008
Coffe Maker
Cleaning a Drip Coffee Maker
cup of coffee
Making Coffee Without a Coffee Maker
Summer drinks
Avoiding Watered Down Iced Drinks
Vietnamese Iced Coffee, Saigon Style
Making Vietnamese Coffee (Cafe Sua Da)
🎄