Repairing a Baseball Cap

I recently broke the bill of my friend's favorite baseball hat. Does anyone know where or how I can fix it? Thanks.

By Crystal from Sauk Rapids, MN

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Call up a shoe repair shop and see if it can be repaired. My son had an Army ball cap which was his favorite. The stitching on the bill came loose and was falling off, and he had it repaired at a shoe repair shop.

I have been repairing frayed bills for years with Elmer's Glue. This only works if the hats are slightly frayed. I do not have a good answer if they are severely torn. Basically, if the bill of the hat is frayed, you can put Elmer's Glue along the frayed parts and let it set up and dry overnight. Use your fingers to smooth the frayed pieces in line with the bill. The threads should harden in line with the plastic underneath. If you have excessive fraying, you can clean it up carefully by holding it over a sink (for safety's sake) and using a lighter to carefully singe down the fibers, and then apply the Elmer's Glue generously along the edge. You may have to repeat this process every few months.

January 27, 2010 Flag

I own a treasured Callaway baseball cap I've had for years, but recently made the mistake of washing it in the washing machine. Hence the frayed bill. Is there any business of sorts that can repair my frayed bill? Any new "Callaway" caps have a less of desired look to them. Please respond.

Thank you,
Smokey24 from Walnut Creek, CA

Answers:

Repairing a Baseball Cap

My son had an old Army baseball cap that frayed very badly. I took it to a shoe repair shop, and got it repaired. (07/31/2008)

By MCW

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Repair ClothingJanuary 27, 2010
Mini Graduation Cap
Making Mini Graduation Cap Party Favors
baby sleeping
Cradle Cap Remedies
Removing Pine Tar from Baseball Pants. Baseball Player with Bat on White Background
Removing Pine Tar from Baseball Pants
Vintage Hank Aaron Baseball Card Leaning Against Old Baseball
Determining the Value of Baseball Cards
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 7:10:26 AM on 10.0.2.225 in 6 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.