Getting Bleach out of Colored Clothes

I have a new pair of Wrangler jeans, on which I have spilt bleach. It has left a small white patch. Can you suggest anything to save my jeans?

By Phil from Jersey Channel Islands

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

This may sound silly but try a felt marker pen and colour the patch back in. The bleach has lifted the dye so the only way to get the colour back is put some more colour on!

Get you some old fashioned laundry bluing. it works. My mother used to used a blue crayon to much covered the area with the crayon and then ironed with a warm iron. Cover it with a thin cloth first to keep extra off your iron.

I use a colored sharpie pen that is as close to the color of the fabric as possible. In many cases it's still noticable but not as noticable as the bleach mark :-) When I have a white fabric that gets a dark spot I use liquid white-out for paper.

Bleach the entire jeans and wash well, then use Rit denim fabric dye to redye then.

Bleach Stains on Red Shirt
Removing Bleach Stains From Clothing
Home and Garden Cleaning StainsFebruary 5, 2011
Bleach Bottle on White Background
Crafts Using Bleach Bottles
Bleach Stains On Red T-Shirt
Preventing Bleach Stains on Clothing
Make Your Own Bleach Pen
Make Your Own Bleach Pen
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Yellow Bleach Stains in a Plastic Bathtub
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 11:13:13 AM on 10.0.2.236 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.