Litter Box Training a Cat

I'm trying to get my new kitten to use the litter box, but she keeps eating the litter. What should I do?

By Mel from West Palm Beach, FL

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Congratulations on your new kitten! I would first change you brand of litter. Then you will probably need to limit the space your kitten has to run from the litter box. Cats are naturally clean animals and she will seek out the area to eliminate. As a last option, you could try bringing a "dirty" bit of litter from another cat's box to give the kitten the idea that this IS the appropriate place. :)

You didn't say she wasn't using the box. Only that she is eating it. I agree that changing to a different litter could solve that. But is she using it otherwise?

Litter Box Training a Cat, Tabby in litter box.
Litter Box Training a Cat
Pets CatsJanuary 4, 2010
Homemade Cat Litter Box
Homemade Cat Litter Box Ideas
Cat in Litter Box
Cat Not Using the Litter Box
Cat exiting a litter box.
Cat Litter Mat Reviews
Cat Litter
Alternative Uses for Cat Litter
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 11:13:16 AM on 10.0.1.211 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.