Pip (Calico Cat)

Pip is an 8 year old calico cat. I found her as a tiny kitten one very hot day while taking a walk. She was huddled on the sidewalk in the corner of a downtown building. I picked her up in a hankie, a chipmunk-sized kitten hissing at me, and took her home.

After a while, I realized she was not weaned, since she hadn't touched food or water. So I quickly went to the store. I got some cat milk, and she sucked it up from an eyedropper! We became good friends after that, though I never intended to keep her. Pip found a place in my heart, and 8 years later we are still hanging in there!

Pip really likes wire for some reason. I get a thin piece about 10 inches long and throw it for her to retrieve. Most of the time Pip brings it back to me. She also likes to catch mice. We live in a rural area, and there are more than enough. Pip is only about half as big as a regular house cat, maybe because of her rough start.

By Jennifer from Gilbertsville, NY

She is beautiful. Such pretty colors and her coat looks as soft as silk. I'm so glad you picked up that spitting little bit of fluff, and that you kept her. Pip is a lucky girl too.

Thank you for sharing her with us.

She is so beautiful. I found a kitten trapped in a well we named Captain Jack. He only had one functional eye, hence the captain part. My whole family fell in love with him. After many failed vet visits to cure his everlasting sickness, my mother and I found out he was FIV positive and had to put him down. He still lives so deeply in our hearts. Your story of finding your kitty reminded me of finding mine and all the good memories that came along with it. (=

That is such a sweet story. Your Pip is very fortunate to have had you come along and save her. I'm sure she's made you happy too. She looks so comfortable in her home, and is such a beautiful cat.

Thanks for sharing her.

I can't remember ever seeing a kitty with such vibrant colors and perfect markings like Pip's. You were very lucky to find her, and you no doubt saved her life. Bless you for that and for making her your own fur-baby.

She looks so happy all curled up there. This is a winning photograph and story in my book.

Pip is gorgeous, and I really think she knows it too. If she doesn't, she should. How wonderful that you happened along just when she needed you most. God bless you for saving her and I wish you many long happy years together.

Thank you for sharing her story and photo with us.

Calico Cat
Calico Breed Information and Photos
Pets Pet PagesJuly 8, 2011
Two male Persian cats.
Neutered Male Cat Mounting Other Male Cats
A cat door installed in an old door.
Teaching a Cat to Use a Cat Door
Cat Meowing
Preventing A Cat From Meowing
mixed beans
Calico Beans Recipes