Burnt Food on Stove Burners

How do you clean greasy, grimy, burnt on food from the top of your stove? It is probably a few years of burnt on cooking around the burners.

Kathleen from Hawthorne, NJ

How do I clean a black range that has many spill overs in one spot? They are all crusty and are impossible to clean even when scrubbing very hard. Nothing seems to work.

Diane52 from Pinehurst, NC

Answers:

RE: Burnt Food on Stove Burners

I use a spray by Dawn. You spray the area and wait, wiping it right off. I use it on pots, pans, my stove top and inside my oven, even on the door. I'm sorry I don't have the full name--I'm out at the moment. It might by Dawn Power Scrub. It's in a navy blue bottle. (09/05/2006)

By Chopstick

RE: Burnt Food on Stove Burners

Make a paste of baking soda and water, and scrub with a damp paper towel. For really stubborn spots, use a 3M Pad...but use with care so you don't scratch the finish. Usually a few minutes of the baking soda scrub is all that is necessary.

Harlean from Arkansas (09/09/2006)

By Harlean from Arkansas

RE: Burnt Food on Stove Burners

ONE WORD! EASY OFF OVEN CLEANER! THIS REALLY WORKS! Spray on stains, let it set for 15-20 mins., then turn burner on high for 30-40 secs. (it will bubble). Turn burner off and let it completely cool (important step) it will get kind of hard crusty. Then just wipe clean with a wet towel or rag. I tried everything to remove tough tough stains, nothing worked then i read this and tried it! My stove top looks brand new again try it! (12/03/2007)

By gatorbianchi

Thank you,we are moving into our new house and the people weren't to clean on there stove. I have the pleasure of cleaning up after them.

None of this works, grrr.

I just spray the stove top down with an all purpose cleaner and then scrape with a puddy knife.

It may take a few times to get everything totally up since it has been several years of build up.

September 5, 2006 Flag

How do I get burnt caked on food off of stove top burners? From what I understand it has been there a couple of months!

Shelly from Martinsburg, WV

Answers:

Burnt Food on Stove Burners

If the food is on the stove itself and not on the element here's what you do, grab a cup-full of washing power (tide) and add water to make into a paste the consistency of custard and put it on the caked on food. Leave for a few hours and then come back and add a little more water as it would have dried out and give it some elbow grease (good scrub). (07/24/2006)

By heftyonedragon

Burnt Food on Stove Burners

Pour straight ammonia onto the stove top and cover it with a plastic trash bag, tape it down if you need to. Let it sit overnight; ventilate the room well. In the morning, it will all wipe off easily with a cloth. You can do the same for your oven racks and stove pans, just douse with ammonia in a plastic trash bag and let it sit outside overnight. (07/27/2006)

By Dawn Salisbury

Burnt Food on Stove Burners

Get a really hot rag also. Turn the oven on for a while, turn it off lay a rag on the crud and in a few wipe off. It works, I learned this at a restaurant. (08/26/2006)

By rhonda

Burnt Food on Stove Burners

I saw this or I would not believed how easy this worked (and than used it on my own dirty stove top!). Soak the silver rings and the plates from under the stovetop burners in a large pan with water and dishwasher soap, just at the simmer stage. Than just wipe off the burn on stuff! (08/28/2006)

By Pam.

Home and Garden Cleaning KitchenJune 26, 2008
Smooth Top Stove
Cleaning a Smooth Top Stove
Electric Stove Burner
Electric Stove Burners Not Working
Cleaning Electric Stove Burners
Cleaning Electric Stove Burners
Gas Stove Burner
Repairing Gas Stove Burners
🎄
🍂