Cardboard Windshield Cover For Bad Weather

With winter bringing snow, sleet and freezing rain, if you have to park outside in the weather, here is a tip that will save lots of time and frustration. When you are ready to park your car for the night, take a few minutes to take a couple pieces of cardboard and slip them under your windshield wipers so that they are held securely and cover your windshield. You will be so happy in the morning to just slide them off the windshield and have clear vision with no scraping and defrosting. You may even have time for a second cup of coffee before you head out the door for work.

By Harlean from Hot Springs, Arkansas

If you go to the fabric store ... (to the clear plastic section used for table cloths etc....)

get a piece that will cover your windshield AND add about 30 inches...

What you will do is open your car door...

put in the end of the plastic...

close the door ...

take the remaining long end of the plastic...

run it across the windshield and under the wipers...

to the other side ..

open the passenger door and insert the other end.

Doing this keeps the plastic in place in high winds and your windshield free of ice and snow.

When it comes time to drive you just have to open the doors ...

shake off the snow and ice and roll it all up and put in a grocery bag..

( I have made a little draw bag to put the rolled up plastic in out of scrap material )

****BTW I gave as gifts to family, friends and co-workers at Holiday time.

They loved them! :) ****

Hope someone can use this info.

I just take a heavy black trash bag, cut it down one side, open one door, stick the end inside the car, wrap the bag across the windshield and over the wipers, then open the other door and tuck the other end in. This keeps the windshield clear, the wipers don't freeze to the glass, and I don't have a large piece of wet cardboard nor have I spent any money! And I keep a plastic bag in the car to fold my windshield cover up in after it has dried off, in the passenger side footwell, with the heater blowing warm air on it.

I do the same, using my back doors, for my rear window.

If the forecast is truly dreadful I also use twist ties to fasten plastic bags around my outside mirrors.

I did this for two years, while I was in school, both at night at home and during the day in the school parking lot.

I never had to worry about obscured windows.

I am sure this works, but it just might look a little "trashy".

Just be sure the cardboard does not become wet (rain, humidity, sleet, etc.) before freezing or you will never get the cardboard off your windshield. You will eventually be able to get it off - when Spring arrives.

Keeping Your Windshield Free of Snow and Ice, Man Cleaning Snow and Ice off of Windshield
Keeping Your Windshield Free of Snow and Ice
Consumer Advice Cars Winter DrivingFebruary 19, 2007
Making Cardboard Box Playhouses
Making Cardboard Box Playhouses
Removing Ice from Your Windshield, Gloved hand scraping icy windshield.
Removing Ice from Your Windshield
Windshield wiper tip on windshield
Homemade Windshield Washer Fluid
Windshield Washers Not Spraying
Windshield Washers Not Spraying
🎉
🎄