Cook and Store Holiday Foods

This time of year I start letting the items in my freezer dwindle, and take time to clean it out so there will be plenty of room for holiday foods. I try to buy in bulk, so when I cook I fill my oven or can use large pots. I cook more than we need so that there will be some left to mark carefully and put in the freezer for our future. The secret is in the storage process - don't overcook, since you will have to microwave or warm the food later. Seal your packages well, and mark them with contents and date.

My holidays are much less expensive and hectic when we need a quick meal or an extra item, or friends come over and we want to enjoy time with them instead of ordering expensive delivery foods or standing over the stove. Just bring out what you've already cooked, and enjoy your previously prepared food, the holidays, the friends, and the savings!

By MAWMAWANNE from Charlotte, NC

Holiday Turkey Ready for Freezing
Storing Holiday Food
Food and Recipes Food Tips LeftoversNovember 5, 2008
Holiday Gift Exchange Party
Holiday Exchange Party Ideas
A woman shopping for produce.
Buying Foods in Season
A mother showing her son how to crack an egg.
Teaching Kids to Cook
Holiday Hazards for Pets
Holiday Hazards for Pets