Baby Accident On Couch

My little niece fell asleep on my couch and wet her diaper. it leaked out onto the couch. l dabbed at it with warm water. What else can I do? The couch doesn't allow for me to remove the cushions to wash or anything.

Mamacita

I would dampen it with a mixture of baking soda and water, or try just applying dry baking soda and let it set overnight and that should remove the smells

I have 4 children and this has happened more than once. I just pour several cups of vinegar on the spot. You can then turn the cushion on its side and let it dry for a day or two. I have never had a stain and the vinegar and other smell disappears.

Why do you want to do anything else? Baby urine is sterile and dilution by dampening, as you have done, and blotting off with plain water should prevent a stain. Then just let it dry.

Regards

Jo

Read and buy from www.urine-off.com.

Have used it and it is the only product that you will NOT be giving your money away on.

I am in Montreal, Canada so have no vested interest in this product only to say that it WORKS!!

Re: baby urine is sterile.

Baby urine is sterile when excreted, but that doesn't mean is STAYS sterile. It will provide a nice, wet, fertile breeding ground for any bacteria it comes in contact with (e.g. germs in the couch). I've read that it only takes 20 minutes for the sterility to be lost and bacteria to begin to breed in the urine.

Use a steam cleaner

Home and Garden Cleaning FurnitureApril 30, 2005
Repairing Lumpy Couch Cushions
Repairing Lumpy Couch Cushions
Photo of a furniture spring isolated on white.
Repairing Couch Springs
Decorations and food on a table at a baby shower.
Baby Shower Ideas
People attending a baby shower.
Saving Money on a Baby Shower
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 21, 2017 at 4:37:23 PM on 10.0.1.210 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.