What is A+D Ointment?

What is A and D Ointment? It seems to be useful for the whole body. Would this ointment or one with similar qualities be available in Australia?

By furlegs from Adelaide, Australia

It is mainly known for diaper rash ointment but has a lot of other uses like you said. The original cream is called A+D Original Ointment, Diaper Rash and All-Purpose Skincare Formula

It's ingredients are: Active Ingredients: Contains: Petrolatum (53.4% - Skin Protectant), Lanolin (15.5% - Skin Protectant)

Inactive Ingredients: Cod Liver Oil (contains Vitamin A & Vitamin D), Fragrance, Light Mineral Oil, Microcrystalline Wax, Paraffin

Try taking the ingredient list to your pharmacist to see what is comparable there in Australia or if they can order the A+D for you. They also make A+D Zinc Oxide Diaper Rash Cream with Aloe.

SOURCE: http://www.myadbaby.com/products.html

Hi furlegs from Adelaide, Australia, I did a Google search and you are able to buy the cream on EBay. As Kaelle suggested you could probably go to your local chemist and ask there.

I am from Adelaide, Australia too

It is often used for diaper (nappy) rash here in the states. I don't know if you are familiar with Desitin, also a rash remedy, but it is along those lines. However, if you want a laugh, all my kids were allergic to Desitin, did not respond well to A and D ointment, so there is another remedy called 'Butt Paste' yes, really. Worked wonders on my kids. I can't stand the name, but I swear by it.

A&D works well to keep a baby's butt healthy as long as the diaper is changed regularly, buy the product called "Butt Paste" heals wounds faster becaise it contains a good amount of zinc which is the healer. I have no babies, but I keep both of these products in my home.

Baby with Diaper Rash Getting Changed
Diaper Rash Remedies
Consumer Advice Product Reviews Bath and BeautyMay 18, 2009
Baby in Diaper
Homemade Diaper Rash Ointment Recipes