Heat Stain on Dining Room Table

By Judy Clark 1

How do I remove heat rings from a wooden dining room table?

Judy from Austin, Texas

Filter Sort

By barbara graham 7 Flag

Hi. Try a wax called French wax it comes in different colors, so get the one that comes as closes to your table as you can.Then just follow the directions. The best place to buy it is a furniture finishing store.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Susan Sanders-Kinzel 10 2,498 Flag

(Sent in by email)

I left my "Chi" flat iron turned on for about 16 hours and laying a top my brand new Dresser. It's wood but does have a matte type finish on it. The heat from the ceramic plates left a horrible steak of faded areas directly where the iron was laying. It looks like it just sucked the color right out! Can this be fixed?

Beth

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By windsortenor 1 Flag

I just tried the "Iron on wool setting" on two heat marks left from very hot serving bowls. These marks have been in the top of my cherry dining room table for about 3 years. I was just going to send it out to be refinished, when I thought I would check out this site. IT WORKS!

I used my steam iron on wool, a white tshirt doubled over and just ironed the shirt and looked under the shirt every 30 seconds or so. It took a couple of pressings, but IT WORKS!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Amazing! It really works I just tried it on my heat stains! Be careful and double fold a white cotton towel or shirt or the edges of the iron may leave a mark on the table ! IT WORKS!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Tracy Melchiori 1 Flag

I tried the iron and cotton towel on a heat ring I have on my dining room table. It did not remove the ring but left new marks from the towel. Can anyone tell me how to get rid of the new marks I've made? I tried Old English and Pledge. Neither worked. I even tried going back over it using a t-shirt. Please help!!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Sally 16 222 Flag

(Submitted via email)

Try using milsek furniture polish. It removed my heat ring completely and left my table looking new. chrisgooner

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Archive: Heat Stain on Dining Room Table

I have several heat stains on a dining room table. I think the finish on the table is called veneer (it has a shiny look to it). I've tried mayo but that was no help. I saw the suggestion of Olive oil and salt but feel the salt will probably scratch the table. Any suggestions for removing this type stain from this type finish.

Thank you for any suggestions you can give.

Sandra in SC

Answers:

RE: Heat Stain on Dining Room Table

I used tooth paste, when my grandaughter left a wet wash rag on my dresser. I was amazed that is come right off. Some of the varnish came off too, but at least the stain didn't show. Hope this helps.

By burntofferings

RE: Heat Stain on Dining Room Table

Slather on some mayonnaise, then mix in generous amounts of ashes from your fireplace, or even cigarette ashes. It makes a really nasty sort of paste. Rub it in really really well (wear gloves!), then let it set for at least an hour. Then wipe it all off with a soft cloth. You should see a lot of improvement, you may have to reapply a few times to completely remove the mark.

By Becki in Indiana

RE: Heat Stain on Dining Room Table

I had about 5 heat stains on my beautiful rosewood dining table (because we, like idiots, used paper plates one night without place mats) and the mixture of fireplace ashes and mayonnaise, coupled with the blow dryer and vigorous rubbing with a soft cloth seems to have done the trick. If I look really closely, I can tell that one or two of the heat stains used to be there (the two that were the worst), but it's almost totally better. Maybe another application would help. Thank you so much for this very weird advice. My family looked at me like I was a crazy witch doctor!

By Aim007

How do I remove heat stains from wooden table?

Micnhelle from Dallas, Texas

Answers:

RE: Heat Stain on Dining Room Table

Use an iron and a piece of cloth. Set the iron to high heat with the steam on. It's important your iron have a steam setting. Run the iron over the spot with a towel or dish cloth between the table and the iron while on steam setting. The stain should disappear within a minute or 2 max. Wipe the excess water off and just repeat till it complete disappears.
(01/18/2008)

By Derrick Payne

Home and Garden Home Improvement Furniture RepairMarch 28, 2008
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
dining room
Dining Room Paint Color Advice
Family Eating Dinner on Table with Linen
Saving Money on Table Linen
Dining Chairs
Reupholstering Dining Chairs
Dining Room Table
Protecting Your Dining Room Table
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 10:00:37 PM on 10.0.0.50 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

AnswersArchives
NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings