RepairFurniture

Heat Stain on Dining Room Table

How do I remove heat rings from a wooden dining room table?

Judy from Austin, Texas

Hi. Try a wax called French wax it comes in different colors, so get the one that comes as closes to your table as you can.Then just follow the directions. The best place to buy it is a furniture finishing store.

(Sent in by email)

I left my "Chi" flat iron turned on for about 16 hours and laying a top my brand new Dresser. It's wood but does have a matte type finish on it. The heat from the ceramic plates left a horrible steak of faded areas directly where the iron was laying. It looks like it just sucked the color right out! Can this be fixed?

Beth

I just tried the "Iron on wool setting" on two heat marks left from very hot serving bowls. These marks have been in the top of my cherry dining room table for about 3 years. I was just going to send it out to be refinished, when I thought I would check out this site. IT WORKS!

I used my steam iron on wool, a white tshirt doubled over and just ironed the shirt and looked under the shirt every 30 seconds or so. It took a couple of pressings, but IT WORKS!

It works!! I just did it...last night I steam ironed on my table over a thick towel doubled. .the heat and steam went right thru. I had two giant white clouds in the finish. .saw this, :tried it...it worked!! White heat clouds are gone, lovely finish restored. Thank you!!

Amazing! It really works I just tried it on my heat stains! Be careful and double fold a white cotton towel or shirt or the edges of the iron may leave a mark on the table ! IT WORKS!

I tried the iron and cotton towel on a heat ring I have on my dining room table. It did not remove the ring but left new marks from the towel. Can anyone tell me how to get rid of the new marks I've made? I tried Old English and Pledge. Neither worked. I even tried going back over it using a t-shirt. Please help!!

(Submitted via email)

Try using milsek furniture polish. It removed my heat ring completely and left my table looking new. chrisgooner

Home and Garden Home Improvement Furniture RepairMarch 28, 2008
dining room
Dining Room Paint Color Advice
Hot coffee mug on wood table.
Removing Heat Marks from Furniture
Watering Flowers
Helping Your Garden Beat The Heat
Dining Room Table
Protecting Your Dining Room Table
👒
🐰
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site.
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 27, 2017 at 5:43:54 PM on 10.0.2.224 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.