Save Change for Something Special

Have everyone in the family put all their quarters, dimes, nickels, pennies into a "bank" on a regular basis. (daily, or weekly). Once a year, count it up and use it for a special outing, or purchase, or for a favourite local charity. Or bank it in a good-interest bearing account and save it all for retirement fun.

There are many containers that come into the house that can be used for the "bank". I use a large Tupperware container. Personalize the above idea to what fits your family. In Canada you can put in the $1 and $2 coins as well.

By Cathryn

I save all of my change at the end of the day. I have four small banks that I bought for this purpose; one for quarters, dimes, nickels and pennies. After a week or so I take the change out and roll up what I can. Last year I saved over 400.00 this way. While my credit union doesn't like the coins rolled; they'll break then and count them again. It lets me see how much I have saved.

Woman Holding Handful of Coupons with Thumbs Up
Tricks for Saving Money
Budget & Finance Saving MoneyJune 29, 2004
Quart of Oil, Rag and Funnel
Saving Money on Oil Changes
dried spices
How Long Do Dried Herbs and Spices Last?
Loose Change on White Background
Finding Loose Change
Photo of lots of loose change.
Organizing Change