Getting Rid of Boxelder Bugs

Does anyone know any cheap ways to get rid of boxelder bugs? I can't afford anything exspensive and am hoping that there is a cheap solution to this. I have lots of them and they are driveing me crazy. Any suggestions would help.

Thanks,
Mary from MI

We get them every year. Mix up up soapy water and put it in a spray bottle and just cover where they are and you will see them just die. I hope this helps

Jill Kansas City Ks

WE USE SOAPY WATER IN A SPRAY BOTTLE ALSO AND IT DEFINATELY WORKS! ALSO WORKS FOR THOSE LITTLE THINGS THAT LOOK LIKE LADY BUGS BUT ARENT THAT GATHER BY THE DOOR AND TRY TO COME IN...I JUST SPRAY ALL AROUND THE DOOR AND SIDE OF HOUSE AND THEY DONT HANG AROUND THERE ANY MORE.

I use a Dawn dish soap and water mix in a spray bottle. Works great.

I've used Dawn dish soap, water and vinegar in the past.

Diamataceous earth is the solution. Two summers ago we had boxelder bugs everywhere on the sunny side of our house, and eventually inside many rooms.

I bought one bag of diamataceous earth, spread it around outside where all the maple seeds were, and along the window ledges outside and inside. Within two weeks the pests were ALL gone. I haven't even needed to reapply.

Where do you spray the dishshop solution when the bugs are inside?

deanonized crystals work when sprinkled on lawn, and around trees, also spray area with soapy water. i tried both and they work to get rid of those nasty looking bugs

It took me a few weeks of searching on the internet to find out the bugs we were infested with. I finally came to this page .Thank You I already tried the soapy water solution and yes it works.

I used ortho max it comes in a squirt jug. its like 8 bucks at Wal-mart i sprayed it every where the siding garage door gutters windows all around the outside of the house. i think the boxelder bugs got the hint after using a whole gallon of that stuff.

Now is a great time to try to get rid of them. When they are young nymphs, you can try to get rid of them at their source where they are breeding, usually the base of a box elder or Maple tree. Use soapy water or a pesticide made from plant oils, so as to not add more toxins to our earth. Good article on the topic at http://www.boxelderbugs.net.

I just used A spray bottle, Dawn Dishwashing liquid, water, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper. Not sure why I used the last 2 ingredients but it worked. Sprayed it on them and they died. Smells a little bad but, for outside it wouldn't matter. Maybe the garlic and cayenne will keep other critters away. (The garlic and cayenne had a tendency to clog the sprayer). Was fun trying!

Home and Garden Pest Control BugsJanuary 4, 2006
Closeup of a gopher.
Getting Rid of Gophers
Closeup of green bodied house fly.
Getting Rid of Flies
Smashed bugs on front of car
Cleaning Love Bugs from Cars
Removing Bugs from Your Car
Removing Bugs from Your Car
🎉
🎄