Planning a Country Redneck Themed Wedding

I am getting married June 11th 2011, in the evening. I am wanting the theme to be a kind of country redneckish theme. I come from a small town, so I would like it to feel small townish. Any ideas for food, decorations, invitations, after party or anything else would be helpful. Thank you so much.

By Lindsey from Rogers, AR

Anonymous
Best Answer

Don't know how redneck you want to get but you could put a couple of smudges on the envelopes of the invitations and write on the back, "This envelope was clean when it left my hands." Use an old, beat up pick-up truck (toy) as your cake topper. You could ride in on a tractor, if the wedding is outdoors. Have your guests come in redneck costume. Have your Dad stand next to the preacher with a toy shotgun during the ceremony.

Best Answer

How Redneck do you want to get? You can use hay bales for seating, lots of camo, or John Deere seems to be popular nowdays. BBQ for the food, wild flowers in beer cans with raffia bows tied on them would be cute centerpieces.

There's a difference between 'small townish' and redneck. Redneck is insulting and bigoted. So your claim is that if you come from a small town, you are narrow minded, lacking intelligence, poor mannered, etc. Seems to me that wouldn't be something I'd hang a flag about.

Good luck to you both!