Recovering Throw Pillows Without Sewing

I am trying to take some ugly old throw pillows and redo them. I cannot sew very well, does anyone have any ideas how I can make some cool pillows out of these old ones?

By Ann

Best Answer

I have had success using Stitch Witchery, you can find it at wal-mart in the sewing notions section or any craft store. All you need is an iron no sewing required.

Best Answer

I have seen pictures of people that have taken a square of fabric large enough to cover the entire pillow with enough extra to tie the fabric to hold it in place. I have also seen on some decorating shows when people are in a hurry they wrap the pillow in fabric and then use safety pins to hold it shut on the back side.

Best Answer

I found this tip on Thriftyfun a long time ago and I've been using it ever since! if you have some old but nice square headscarves, you could possibly get these from a thriftshop, just place your cushion in the center with the square of material underneath and knot it up at the back! I've got a zillion of these squares and I periodically change my decor and color scheme of the living room by just changing the colors of the cushions!

Best Answer

You can wrap your pillow in a large piece of fabric and tie it up like a present with a pretty ribbon. Or cut 2 squares of fabric approx. 8" wider than pillow, making a hem of 4''all around pillow. Mark or pin a line the size of the pillow and cut 1/2'' fringe up to this line on all sides. With right side of fabric showing, tie each strip of fringe of top layer to corresponding strip on bottom layer and knot together. When 3 sides are completed, insert pillow and finish tying last side and you have a new covered pillow. Can decorate with bow, fancy yarn or buttons. Search for "No Sew Pillow" on net.

You sound like me! can't sew at all, but want new pillows. I'm going to buy bunting - believe it's used to stuff things like pillows - and wrap my flattened pillows first to disguise their flatness. That's the first thing I'd do.

Then what I thought I would do is buy fabric; lay my pillows onto it and cut it 2" more beyond the size of my pillow-I figured it would give me some space if I made a mistake; lay it where the pattern is facing each other; then use that mesh tape that you iron on fabric to seal the three sides. then let it cool completely. Then cut off the excess fabric around the three parts of the case that I 'glued' with the tape.

you can find the mesh tape in any fabric store or craft store. I use it to hem clothing. I think it comes in other colors, but I've only seen it in white. but by the time you iron it, it disappears.

It usually comes in a roll and is so easy to use, I do my own hems with them - miracle for this non sewing person. I've even dry cleaned the clothes I hemmed and haven't lost a hem yet. love love that stuff.

So then I d thought stuff my pillow into this 'jacket' of fabric and to seal the fourth side, just turn in the seams with the fabric tape and iron it shut.

Then I thought if I messed up, which I can imagine will happen, at least for the first few times, I would use iron on decorative ribbon, beads, fringe, etc. I would imagine you can get this at a fabric store.

I'll let the site know how I do. But your best bet is to listen to the feedback of the experts on this site.

If you do find another way, would you please post the instructions? And if you could send a picture of it that would be great too. Good Luck - wish me a little luck too!

Martha has the easiest pillow instructions.

http://www.marthastewart.com/goodth ... y/outdoor-decorating-details#slide_1

If you don't want to sew just put your stick pins in place and glue it together. Diamond Glaze is good.

http://www.judikins.com/

Metroplex referring to stitch witchery or heat and bond.

Thank you, T&T Grandma!

I just couldn't think of the real name.

Metroplex

June 10, 2010 Flag

I cannot sew, but would like to recover some old throw cushions I have on my couch. Can I glue the fabric together and just stuff the pillow inside and if I can what type of glue should I use? Thanks.

By DustiRose from Sunset, SC

Answers:

Recovering Throw Pillows Without Sewing

I have had success using Stitch Witchery, you can find it at Wal-mart in the sewing notions section or any craft store. All you need is an iron no sewing required. (10/04/2009)

By Rubycakes

Recovering Throw Pillows Without Sewing

I've wrapped a pillow with fabric, easy to remove to wash or change color. Here is a link to a how-to page. ehow.com (10/04/2009)

By ginnee

Throw Pillows
Recovering Throw Pillows
Crafts Home DecorJune 10, 2010
Quilt Square Pillows
Making Quilt Square Pillows
Making T-Shirt Pillows
Making T-Shirt Pillows
Throw Pillows
Making Throw Pillows
Pillows made from quilt squares.
Quilt Square Throw Pillows
🎄