Removing Kool-aid Stains from Clothing - Categories:

Clothing StainsCleaning

Removing Kool-aid Stains from Clothing

How do you get red Kool-Aid stain out of a white shirt?

By beanersbabes from Millersburg, OH

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

Mixture of peroxide and water or try a generic brand Oxi-Clean which can be purchased from the dollar stores.

Boiling water worked great on my white shirt! Wow! Thank you so much (it was brand new)!

My daughter spilled red koolaid all over her new white shirt today. I threw it in the sink with hot water and baking soda. The stain came right out.

Hot water should do the trick

July 16, 2009 Flag

Does anyone know how to get red kool-aid out of kids clothes? I even called the company and they have no idea. This is a powder drink that you can add your own amount of sugar and water to make freeze pops or juice for the summertime.

It is an inexpensive drink for the summer; but be careful what clothes they wear or use sipper cups for the small children. I have lost many tops because of the kool-aid stains. Any ideas? Please post and I'll be glad to try. Thank you for taking the time to reply to this post.

Cecilia from Delaware

Answers:

Removing Kool-aid Stains from Clothing

I've never gotten red out, but you have two choices.

1. Dye the whole garment using red kool-aid to match the stains (don't laugh, it makes an awesome dye. And as you have seen, never comes out!).

2. Buy the new kind of Kool-Aid that is clear but still has the flavor.

Have fun with it. (05/22/2008)

By irtoodvs4u

Removing Kool-aid Stains from Clothing

Peroxide? Shame on that company, they should know! (05/23/2008)

By kimhis

Removing Kool-aid Stains from Clothing

Try pouring boiling water on the stain. I read this somewhere and it really works on most berry or red stains. My daughter came home today with red Kool-aid down a brand new shirt and it came right out. (06/04/2008)

By Shari

Removing Kool-aid Stains from Clothing

I just used hand soap and cold water followed by peroxide. There was still a little color left and I used boiling water as suggested by someone here and the rest of the stain was gone. This was on a bright yellow t-shirt and it didn't hurt the shirt color at all. (08/09/2008)

By DEborah

Removing Kool-aid Stains from Clothing

My daughter came home with a red Kool-aid stain on a new school shirt of hers and school has not even started yet. I tried pouring the boiling hot water on the inside of the stain to push the stain out. I am completely amazed. I have never seen a Kool-aid stain come out like that. After pouring the hot water on it, I laundered as directed. You can't even tell that there was a stain there. Thanks Shari! (08/11/2008)

By Nicole

Removing Kool-aid Stains from Clothing

Aspirin works pretty good. Drop 1 in the load and no stain! (11/24/2008)

By Brittany H.

Removing Kool-aid Stains from Clothing

Thank you so much! The boiling water trick worked for me too and saved a very expensive sweater. (12/03/2008)

By Laura

Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsJuly 16, 2009
sweat stain on dark clothing
Removing Underarm Sweat Stains from Clothing
Man Holding Burger with Mustard Stain on his Tie
Removing Mustard Stains from Clothing
Baby being fed with formula.
Removing Baby Formula Stains from Clothing
sweat stain on dark clothing
Perspiration Stains on Dark Clothing
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 22, 2016 at 3:39:17 PM on 10.0.0.66 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.