Growing Roses Indoors

How do you care for roses? I tried using plant food and sunlight from the window sill. I applied spray plant food to plant, not soil. The plant is beginning to wither, what am I missing?

By Loleini

There should be websites you can find by going to Google that will show you how to grow roses indoors.

I have never had luck indoors, either; though I would try with the mini roses every so often. Last time I bought a mini rose, I planted it outdoors immediately; and it thrived! I have added more, and will be adding more this summer for a mini rose garden! I love them!

Growing roses indoors is harder than alot of plants but it can be done. One of the first things to do is grow in a sandier media than normal roses like water but don't like to stay wet. You have to give them at least 6hrs. of sun a day for the best performance ( maybe even a plant light ) and some good air circulation, roses like orchids like a good amount of air circulation and that's what most people don't think of as a plant requirement. Good Luck!