Growing Roses Indoors

How do you care for roses? I tried using plant food and sunlight from the window sill. I applied spray plant food to plant, not soil. The plant is beginning to wither, what am I missing?

By Loleini

There should be websites you can find by going to Google that will show you how to grow roses indoors.

I have never had luck indoors, either; though I would try with the mini roses every so often. Last time I bought a mini rose, I planted it outdoors immediately; and it thrived! I have added more, and will be adding more this summer for a mini rose garden! I love them!

Growing roses indoors is harder than alot of plants but it can be done. One of the first things to do is grow in a sandier media than normal roses like water but don't like to stay wet. You have to give them at least 6hrs. of sun a day for the best performance ( maybe even a plant light ) and some good air circulation, roses like orchids like a good amount of air circulation and that's what most people don't think of as a plant requirement. Good Luck!

A rose bush growing in a yard.
Growing Roses
Home and Garden Gardening RosesApril 7, 2011
Pink rose with bumble bee.
Growing Roses in Hot Weather
Rose hips on rough wood background.
Growing Roses from Seed
Closeup of Lavender Rose
Starting Roses from Cuttings
Heart of a pink rose.
Growing Roses in a Tropical Climate
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 23, 2017 at 9:43:35 PM on 10.0.1.11 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.