Paint Color Advice for Room With Blue Carpet

I have blue carpeting in my bedroom. Any good suggestions for what color to paint the walls?

By Ron from Burbank, CA

I think a light beige on all walls and a cream color on one then you can accent the room with different shades of blue be sure to use some blues from the carpet some green plants I think once you apply the paint you will know exactly how to accent I have given you some hints good luck and have fun.

I would use a light grey for a masculine, modern look.

I love the colors of yellow and blue. You don't say what color blue you have, but I think yellow, not school bus yellow, in a soft and buttery shade would be similar to what letageraldine suggested. Good luck!

I just had my house painted desert fortress in all the rooms but the kitchen; in the kitchen last day of the sun. I love it. Paint from lowes

June 6, 2010 Flag

My carpets are blue. What color on the wall would go with blue? The carpet is not a light blue or dark blue, just maybe a medium blue. Thanks.

By Linda from Lexington,TN

Answers:

Paint Color to Coordinate with Medium Blue Carpet

I would think that a very light gray or a yellow in the same hue (i.e. confederate blue + cornflower yellow or sky blue + golden yellow). (11/29/2009)

By courtqueen

What color are the other things in the room: sofa, chair, coffee table, curtains, picture frames? Are there lots of pictures: are frames wood, gold, silver? What do you want to feel in the room? Cool and calm, warm and cozy, etc. How much do you use the room, lots of kids? How big is it. Do you have knick-knacks?

You can do a lot of things with any color, but color always fits in a context. Basically you want to accent what you like, ignore what you don't, but can't change, but not overwhelm anything. If you have 3 or 4 colors going already in your stuff, don't add a 5th color. Use some shade of what you own that goes with blue, as well. (11/29/2009)

By PIKKA

I just painted my bedroom, which has a medium blue carpet, gold and color washed a lighter shade of gold over it. It looks wonderful. It has a warm feel, but doesn't look as dark as I feared it would. (12/03/2009)

By Beth

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Paint Color AdviceJune 6, 2010
Blue-Green Carpet
Paint Color to Coordinate With Blue-Green Carpet
dining room
Dining Room Paint Color Advice
Light Colored Carpet
Paint Color to Coordinate With Light Colored Carpet
a woman looking at paint swatches.
Paint Color to Coordinate With Rust Colored Carpet
🎄