Recipes Using Chicken Drumsticks

I am looking for chicken leg recipes.

By sib45

I like to bake them with a mixture of soy sauce and honey, in a 13 x 9 dish, cover with foil wrap. Bake at 350 for 45 mins, then remove the foil, and bake for 15 more minutes. I also do these in the crock pot when it is too hot for the oven, on low for 4-6 hours. It tastes a little like the honey-soy wings that a local Oriental restaurant makes.

I had stuffed boneless legs at a fancy dinner and they became a favorite of mine. You can stuff them with a plain box mix stuffing, or with a gourmet mixture of ingredients such as wild rice, sausage, and mushrooms. You can tailor the ingredients to your favorite French, Italian, Chinese, African (or any ethnic flavor) dish. The skin can be left on, taken off, or even wrapped in bacon. There are a number of good recipes on the internet, and this is a link showing you how to remove the leg bones. http://www.yout  ch?v=myt6Gkx77GY

My daughter puts a large package of chicken legs in her crockpot, adds a jar of spaghetti sauce, and turns it on. I do similar but on a smaller scale since I live alone. I have done this with any pieces of chicken in my small 2 quart crockpot and added a can of stewed tomatoes and italian seasonings. Improvised chicken cacchiatore (?spelling) and delicious. Hope you like it.

My kids love buffalo wings, and legs can be done same way. Since real wings have gotten so expensive, legs are a thrifty substitute. Just fry legs in oil until done, and toss with buffalo wing sauce. And DON'T buy a bottled wing sauce, that's wasting money.

1 part Lousiana Hot Sauce (or cheapest bargain brand)

1 part butter (or margarine)

melt together, and toss with fried chicken legs while hot to coat.

You can adjust the relative amounts of butter and hot sauce to make the sauce hotter or milder.

Photo credit Mark Fern, Women's Day

I like to dip them in flour, then in egg wash that has a little mustard added to it, leave our the yolks, it gets crisper that way, then dip in bread crumbs. Pop in over on a wire rack for about twenty minutes. Of course, the time depends on how big your leg is. Cut down into one after fifteen minutes and check. The smaller ones may be done in fifteen. One of the secrets to this is to brown your bread crumbs in the oven on 350 degrees until they are really brown. Even if you are using store bought ones. They won't brown much on the chicken itself, so they need to be really brown to begin with.

You can add some garlic and a little more butter to the crumbs before browing for more flavor.

I like to cook six or seven in cream of mushroom soup with lots of onions. About an hour in, add potato and carrot chunks and cook a half-hour longer. The meat makes splendid sandwiches too.