Creating a Laundry Schedule

We have 6 people living in our house. This makes it hard to keep everything clean and our laundry done. I have asked each person to do their own laundry on a specific day. We are never waiting for someone to get done and are not stressed about it.

By Shirley from Henderson, NV

We are a family of 7. That is exactly what we do in our family. Our 3 oldest do there laundry on Sunday... They know that it is laundry day they remind each other that they need to switch there clothes around so that they can do it. By doing this it teaches the some responsibility and to be organized with there time.

Excellent idea. I especially like the idea that everyone takes responsibility for their own laundry.

At what age do you think it is reasonable to ask children to do their own laundry? I have a 13 yr old who is messy but does his own laundry and I am constantly having to defend myself to the pediatrician that he is old enough to be expected to do laundry

My son was 11 when he started doing his own laundry, while my daughter was 9. My granddaughter who lived with us was also 9. She had to stand on a stool, and I got her a pair of long handled tongs to take clothes out of the machine. She is now 16 and only 4"10", and still uses the tongs, as it is a larger capacity top loader. Children should be encouraged to take care of themselves and their belongings as soon as they are able to do so.

I have 2 roommates, we all do our laundry on different days, so not a problem. None of us ever has enough whites to do a full load, so we finally realized that we all had enough whites between us, to get a full load, which we now do together every Sunday.

Laundry in Washing Machine
How To Do Laundry
Organizing LaundrySeptember 22, 2008
A vet giving a dog a vaccination.
ASPCA Pet Vaccination Truck Schedule
liquid laundry soap
Homemade Liquid Laundry Detergent Recipes
Creating a Simple Website for a Business, Website URL on a computer screen.
Creating a Simple Website for a Business
Woman Cleaning Her Kitchen
Creating a Cleaning Schedule