Removing Supports From Fruit Trees

I planted 3 fruit trees this past spring and I want to know when would be the right time to remove the supports that came with the trees. My trees look healthy, but have not grown a leaf since I planted. Are the supports keeping the trees from growing?

Your trees are probably working on the root system and using all their energy to do so. I would leave the supports on the tree for a year or two until you know for sure that the trees are firmly established. Give them a deep drink every few weeks this summer/fall and next spring you should see new growth happening.

Peach Tree
Growing Fruit Trees
Home and Garden Gardening Fruit TreesAugust 28, 2005
orange tree in a terra cotta planter
Growing Fruit Trees in Pots
Closeup of Gray Squirrel
Keeping Squirrels Out of Fruit Trees
Peach pits and fruit on white background.
Growing Peach Trees from Pits
Close up of ripe oranges on orange tree
Do I Need to Remove Fruit from My Fruit Tree?