Use a Post-It to Clean a Keyboard

A few years ago I thought I was so bright when I cleaned my keyboard with the edge of an index card. That is completely outdated. Today I learned to use the sticky edge of a Post It. I got gunk out of there I didn't even know I had brought near my computer. Try it. You'll be amazed that something so simple, works so great.

Source: When I open my ATT browser, I get Yahoo news articles. Today I saw this hint and tried it. It really works.

By MartyD

I just tried this little hint, and to my surprise, it works, and pretty good at that. I'd advise anyone to give it a try.

Thanks for this hint.

Teresa/Va.

Two words: cat hair. :) I couldn't believe the big globs this simple trick removed from my keyboard. Thanks!

A cheap disposabale paint brush also makes a good dusting tool. I keep one handy for dusting the keys on my keyboard.

Another way (recommended by several web-sites and the method I use) is to turn off your computer and spray the keyboard area with compressed air. You won't believe the stuff that comes flying out. Then wipe the keys with a soft cloth.

I also use a paint brush, however I would like to know what compressed air you can use? That would bring out the stuff that's down under.

We keep a couple cans of air for this (as mentioned by PDG). I think we get ours either in the electronics or offices supply department. But if we happen to run out, I'll remember this tip!

Awesome tip. I have a 12yo keyboard that I banged upside down once a month and cleaned with a paintbrush and it still works LOL. Once a year I removed all the keys and cleaned everything thoroughly.

Now I have a laptop with one of those flat keyboards. I hate it. The keys are very close together and (supposedly) will not allow dirt in. I sure can't get the paint brush in there and can't afford the pricey compressed air.

I just tried your tip and it is marvelous. I didn't find any dirt but I found tons of cat hair. I lay a mag across the keyboard if I leave it open so she won't lay on it but it sure collected it from the air.

Thanks for a great tip.

Forgot to mention I used to use index cards too in the very old days when I worked in an office. At home I found saving the envelopes from junk mail works great too.

Cleaning a Computer Keyboard, Washing Ketchup Off Keyboard with Soap and Water in Bucket
Cleaning a Computer Keyboard
Computers MaintenanceApril 1, 2010
Cat Scratching Sisal Post
Repairing a Sisal Wrapped Cat Scratching Post
Keeping Your Keyboard Clean
Keeping Your Keyboard Clean
Avoiding Keyboard Spills, Coffee spill on a computer keyboard.
Avoiding Keyboard Spills
🎉
🎄