Max (Maltese)

Max is 8 month old Maltese. Max was a bit unplanned. We'd (my fiance and I) planned on getting a dog later in the summer once we'd moved and settled. We'd successfully gone to the pet stores and left without a new family member in the past and I had planned to rescue a dog. But this one day in May 2009, we went in to the mall pet store and fell in love. He's made us so happy ever since.

Max loves to give hugs and kisses, run and play with the other doggies at the dog park and chew on daddy's socks. Max has such a huge personality and gigantic heart in such a tiny little body. We love him so much. The picture I'm posting is of Max right after we moved into our new apartment. He was being "Mommy's Little Helper" as I put together our new furniture.

By Jwotton from West Orange, NJ

No wonder you fell in love! I'm a "cat person," but even I could not have resisted Max. Perfect name, by the way. He is certainly calendar material. Can't you see his picture on the wall of a posh hardware store? Happy lives for all of you.

Isn't it funny how an "unscheduled" addition to the family can really bring out every ounce of love?

What is so often said, is true. The pet picks the owner.

Maltese Breed Information and Photos
Photos Pets DogsNovember 30, 2009